It is however appalling that after this effort a pack of middle men or is it middle women will rubbish the product hoping to stampede the farmer to selling at a ridiculous figure so that the volume of profit they stand to make is increased.
The following tips might be helpful in getting the right price for the products.
- Ensure that through good aquaculture practices your fish attains a minimum of 1kg
- Ensure that your fish is healthy at the time of sales
- Make certain to arrange for more than enough buyers for the products so the law of demand and supply will be to your advantage
- Do not budge to pressure from the buyers to downshift on your fixed sales price which must be in line with prevailing rates
- Agree with the buyers on the price before emtying ponds. You may get samples for them to examine should they want to see size of the fish.
- Never show that you are desperate to sell even if you are.
Call me me for a list of buyers in Lagos State.